Home | Subscriptions | Classifieds | Submit News | Contact | Links | Jennings County Living
North Vernon Plain Dealer Sun | North Vernon, IN
"It Shines for All!"North Vernon, IndianaLocally Owned and Operated Since 1862
North Vernon, Indiana, weather forecast
weather sponsored by

NEWS
April 4, 2020

3/25/2020 12:16:00 PM
VIRUS Impact Update

Batar has unique idea to bank meal, help staff

BATAR, a local independent restaurant on Hwy. 50 W toward Seymour, is launching a gift certificate program called "Support Now, Enjoy Later."

The idea is that when you purchase a gift certificate now, 60 percent of that purchase will go into an employee fund. The fund will be divided equally among all Batar employees. The other 40 percent will be used to help with business expenses.

Then when things get back to normal, co-owner Dick Tracy explains the gift certificate can be used for a dine-in meal.

Just call 812-522-8617 to purchase the certificate. Batar will mail it to the recipient.

Some privately owned restaurants are offering take-out, but Tracy explained that with Batar's out-of-town location, that was not an option. "Support Now, Enjoy Later" is something "we could do to help our staff through these tough times."

Information, call 812-522-8617 or email BatarSeymour @mail.com

Shopping hours for 60+

Both the local Walmart and Jay C Grocery stores have designated special hours for citizens most susceptible to the coronavirus pandemic to shop.

The Jay-C store will welcome senior citizens 60+ and those with compromised immune systems due to disease or other issues to shop from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday.

Walmart will welcome that same group to their store from 6 to 7 a.m. every Tuesday from March 24 through April 28. Its pharmacy will be available at this time as well.

DOT extends deadlines

The Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR) is extending certain filing and payment deadlines to align with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and support Hoosiers during the COVID-19 health crisis.

Since COVID-19 is impacting so many, in addition to the payment extensions announcement by the IRS, the state is also extending associated tax return filing deadlines

Individual tax returns and payments, along with estimated payments originally due by April 15, are now due on or before July 15, 2020. Returns included are the IT-40, IT-40PNR, IT-40RNR, IT-40ES, ES-40 and SC-40.

Corporate tax returns and payments, along with estimated payments due April 15 or April 20 are now due on or before July 15. Those originally due on May 15, are now due Aug. 17,. Returns included are the IT-20, IT-41, IT-65, IT-20S, FIT-20, URT-1, IT-6, FT-QP and URT-Q.

All other tax return filings and payment due dates remain unchanged.






Article Comment Submission Form
Please feel free to submit your comments.

Article comments are not posted immediately to the Web site. Each submission must be approved by the Web site editor, who may edit content for appropriateness. There may be a delay of 24-48 hours for any submission while the web site editor reviews and approves it.

Note: All information on this form is required. Your telephone number is for our use only, and will not be attached to your comment.
Submit an Article Comment
First Name:
Required
Last Name:
Required
Telephone:
Required
Email:
Required
Comment:
Required
Passcode:
Required
Anti-SPAM Passcode Click here to see a new mix of characters.
This is an anti-SPAM device. It is not case sensitive.
   


Advanced Search

IN Cov
CDC
Nat Head
COVID19

CouponsReportsLife
© 2012 North Vernon Plain Dealer and Sun
PO Box 988, 528 East O&M Ave
North Vernon, IN 47265
Telephone 812.346.3973
All images on this site are property of the North Vernon Plain Dealer and Sun and may not be reproduced without consent of the publisher.

Software © 1998-2020 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved